- Monitoring entries while the competition is open
- Advanced editing of the right panel
- The Collection Maintenance page
- Scoring Regimes
- The Site Settings page
- Editing the content on the home page
- Zoom Q&A session
- Providing a sample file for your competition.
- Image Comments
- Feature update / highlight banner
- Everyone at MyPhotoclub – an entry space for everyone
- Alternate email address
- Subscription fees for 2020
- Dealing with cancelled competitions
- Interclub entry for MyPhotoClub clubs
I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while and this is, unfortunately, the perfect time to release this service.
Everyone at MyPhotoClub accepts entries from any person who is a member of a MyPhotoClub camera club. The competitions are themed with two entry slots and run weekly. The judging will be done using online scoring where a score between one and five is given for each entry. Everyone is enabled to participate in the online scoring.(more…)
by Colin Woods, April 10, 2020
A feature of MyPhotoClub is the ability to add an alternate email address so that your personal email address is not displayed where the general public can see it.(more…)
by Colin Woods, April 9, 2020
Please ensure your club executive receives this message.
(suggest they go to https://support.myphotoclub.com.au/ and subscribe)
MyPhotoClub charges clubs $10 per year per member. This is done by charging $5 per member in April and October. Clubs should ensure their membership lists are current so that they are not charged for departed members.
I am aware that with the social restrictions in place, club revenue may be impacted. Each club’s situation is different, so I have decided to take the following action:
- The April invoice to clubs will be sent as usual – please pay on receipt.
- The October invoice will be sent but the payment of this invoice will not be pursued – it will be up to each to determine if they can afford to pay.
Any photography clubs wishing to sign up to use MyPhotoClub this year will not receive an invoice until April 2021. Please let any photography clubs you know of this offer. My am is to assist as many clubs as I can to maintain connectivity with their members during this difficult time.
Kind regards from Colin – stay safe and stay home!
by Colin Woods, March 28, 2020
Many, if not all clubs, have cancelled all meetings and as a consequence, have cancelled print competitions. To remove these competitions to prevent accidental entry, follow these step depending which scenario matches:(more…)
by Colin Woods, March 27, 2020
Clubs using MyPhotoClub can now nominate entries from all of the entries within their club database to form their entry into any MyPhotoClub hosted interclub competition.
Currently, MyPhotoClub hosts these interclub competitions:
- APS Australian Cup
- NSW FCC Interclub
- Northern Zone Interclub
by Colin Woods, March 26, 2020
Having three judges to assess score entries is the standard arrangement for ‘formal competitions’ which may have national or international accreditation. MyPhotoClub offers a several options to facilitate this.
- Three judges in a room together view each entry (print or projected) and record the score for each entry using a USB Keypad connected to a computer. This is known as the DJS software/keypad method.
- Online scoring of digital entries each entry by a judge from their home. Can be done
by Colin Woods, March 22, 2020
MyPhotoClub has a new feature called the Critique Corner. I can tell you that through the testing of this feature and personally uploading a few images I have gained substantial value from the feedback received. There will be a natural shyness by members to put forward images so please upload an image yourself to get the ball rolling.(more…)
by Colin Woods, March 19, 2020
MyPhotoClub has a comprehensive remote judging system. This system is used primarily for digital entries but there is no reason why it cannot be used for prints. There are two possible ways to record the judge’s comments, either by writing the comments or by recording them on video.(more…)
by MyPhotoClub Colin, June 1, 2019
This is the most common cause for a member or competition entrant not receiving email messages from your website.(more…)
by Colin Woods, May 8, 2019